Consultant Pre-Qualification Process
Engineering consultants who wish to provide prime-consultant services on highway, bridge, planning, and water management projects must be pre-qualified by Alberta Transportation. Consultants must submit details of their firm’s staff, capabilities, expertise, and experience in the categories of work they wish to be pre-qualified. A committee of senior personnel will evaluate all submissions to determine if the consultant meets the requirements for pre-qualification in each category.
Consultants may submit their pre-qualification request at any time, and those who are already pre-qualified in a specific category are required to renew their pre-qualification every two years.
Prequalification requirements can be found in the following documents:
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Functional Planning
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Highways and Bridges
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Water Management Projects
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Quality Assurance Certification
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Geotechnical Services
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Environmental Services
Consultants who wish to provide prime consultant services on other types of projects that Alberta Transportation is involved in do not need to be pre-qualified. For those projects, an open RFP will be posted on the Alberta Purchasing Connection website, as described in the consulting and tendering opportunities page.
Please contact Sohrab Sohrabiaraghi, Director of Procurement Strategy and Planning, if you have any questions or comments regarding the information on this page.