Consultant Pre-Qualification Process
Engineering consultants who wish to provide prime-consultant services on highway, bridge, planning, and water management projects must be pre-qualified by Alberta Transportation. Consultants must submit details of their firmís staff, capabilities, expertise, and experience in the categories of work they wish to be pre-qualified.†A committee of senior personnel will evaluate all submissions to determine if the consultant meets the requirements for pre-qualification in each category.
Consultants may submit their pre-qualification request at any time, and those who are already pre-qualified in a specific category are required to renew their pre-qualification every two years.
Prequalification requirements can be found in the following documents:
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Functional Planning†
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Highways and Bridges†
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Water Management Projects†
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Quality Assurance Certification†
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Geotechnical Services†
- Consultant Prequalification Requirements - Environmental Services†
Consultants who wish to provide prime consultant services on other types of projects that Alberta Transportation is involved in do not need to be pre-qualified. For those projects, an open RFP will be posted on the†Alberta Purchasing Connection website, as described in the†consulting and tendering opportunities page.
Please contact†Shahid Gill, Director of Professional Services, (780-427-1581) if you have any questions or comments regarding the information on this page.